Evolving Fintech Sector: topical legal and regulatory developmentsData being the new gold, also means that data is to be protected through best legal and regulatory framework. In an endeavor to achieve the right framework, recently there have been a couple of legal and regulatory developments in the fintech sector like
- The Data Empowerment and Protection Architecture Framework (DEPA), the core principle is to give users total control over the way their data is being used by providing for the collection and administration of a user’s data
- The New Umbrella Entities (NUE) to establish new standards, technologies and develop new payment and clearance systems especially in the retail space.
- The Account Aggregators (AA), i.e. a consent manager for financial data-a class of NBFC approved by RBI.
Our recent webcast titled ‘Evolving Fintech Sector: topical legal and regulatory developments’ held on 30 September 2020, explored the practical implications of the above-mentioned topical developments.
- Priya Karnik, Director, DVARA Money
- Tushar Tarun, Director, Legal, Razorpay
- Vinay Kesari, General Counsel, Setu
- Richard Goold, Partner, Head of Tech law (Global)and Fast Growth Leader (UK & Ireland), EY
- Mithun Dsouza, Partner, Private Client services, EY India
- Moderator: Chetan Nagendra, Partner, PDS Legal
Click here for the recording of this webcast.
Recording password: MxPvHBB6